Tai Chi Theory and Martial Power
Advanced Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan
Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming
A must for advanced students.
Tai Chi Theory & Martial Power is the next level in Tai Chi Chuan training. This book is written especially for those who have learned the form, begun Pushing Hands, and now want to develop and refine their Tai Chi skills.
Tai Chi Theory & Martial Power focuses on the martial essence of Tai Chi Chuan, an aspect many other books ignore. This book explores in depth the subject of Jing (internal martial power), general Tai Chi theory, and the application of Chi in the Tai Chi form. Because Jing training is essential to martial Tai Chi, this work is a valuable reference that no serious practitioner should be without.
". . .the reader is fortunate to have Dr. Yang for a guide." Master Jou, Tsung Hwa, from the Foreword
- A comprehensive training plan for Jing (power) development.
- Understand the difference between true Jing (internal power) and Li (muscular power).
- Learn how to accumulate Chi and Jing in the Tai Chi postures.
- Discover the essential role your mind plays in Tai Chi and Jing practice.
- Includes a special selection of Tai Chi poems, translated and with commentary by Dr. Yang.
Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming is a renowned author and teacher of Chinese martial arts and Qigong. Born in Taiwan, he has trained and taught Taijiquan, Qigong and Chinese martial arts for over thirty-five years. He is the author of over thirty books. Voted by Inside Kung Fu Magazine as one of the ten people who have “made the greatest impact on martial arts in the past 100 years.” Dr. Yang lives in Newton Massachusetts
276 pages, 300 illustrations, ISBN:1-886969-43-4