Tai chi chuan is an internal martial art that uses soft/round movements to redirect an opponent’s incoming force.
Qigong exercises are an internal method of increasing and circulating your body’s energy (qi).
This book teaches tai chi qigong exercises that are useful for improving your tai chi skills and overall health.
IF YOU ALREADY KNOW A TAI CHI FORM, here are a few ways that you will use tai chi qigong to reach new levels of skill and ability.
- To feel qi
- To regulate body, breathing, and intention
- To learn how to use intention to lead qi
- To learn how to circulate qi
- To learn how to expand qi
- To learn how to use qi to energize muscles
- Accelerates the health benefits of tai chi
IF YOU DON’T KNOW TAI CHI, but want to benefit from qigong exercises, here are a few ways tai chi qigong can help you.
- The exercises are short and easy to learn
- They help reduces stress
- They loosens muscles and joints
- They stimulates qi flow
- They can help develop a strong immune system
- They sharpen concentration
- They build a deeper awareness of breath and body coordination
Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming, PhD is a world-renowned author, scholar, and teacher of tai chi chuan. He has been involved in Chinese martial arts since 1961 and maintains over 55 schools in 18 countries. Dr. Yang’s writing and teaching include the subjects of kung fu, tai chi chuan, massage, meditation, and chin na, and he is a leading authority on qigong. Dr. Yang is the author of over 35 books and 80 videos.