The Martial Arts Athlete-
Mental and Physical Conditioning
for Peak Performance
Tom Seabourne, Ph.D.
The Martial Arts Athlete answers questions that today's competitors must know to succeed - should you do push-ups or lift weights? Are energy bars and sports drinks any good? Are traditional forms a waste of your time? How do you eat to win? Discover powerful mind/body training for peak performance and incredible physical conditioning.
Incredible physical conditioning to get you in the best shape of your life:
- Imagery for better strikes, kicks & takedowns.
- Meditations for a sharper mind.
- The power of relaxation.
- Mental skills to manage pain, improve discipline, and feel great!
Discover the most effective workouts, nutrition secrets, and mind/body training for peak martial arts performance in competition and daily practice.
- Step-by-step strength training for powerful arms & shoulders.
- Killer ab-work for a lean torso and washboard stomach.
- Plyometrics for strong legs and explosive kicks.
- Three kinds of stretching for dynamic flexibility.
- Simple breathing techniques to power you up.
"Tom Seabournes' The Martial Arts Athlete is a wealth of information on training the body: weight training, stretching, isometrics, and nutrition - as well as the mind: meditation, visualization, and developing a positive attitude essential to competition. I recommend it not only for martial artists and athletes but for everyone interested in self-improvement". - Frank Zane, M.A. / Mr. Olympia (1977, 1978, 1979) / Mr. Universe (1968, 1970, 1972) / Mr. World (1969) / Mr. America (1968)
160 pages, 250 illustrations, 7"x10", ISBN1-886969-65-5