The Essence of Shaolin White Crane-
Martial Power and Qigong
Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming
The secrets of internal power are revealed in this expert guide to Internal and External martial Qigong. This comprehensive martial arts training guide explores White Crane Kung Fu (Gongfu), one of the most famous martial styles developed in China. Martial Arts Qigong is integral to White Crane kung Fu and is a proven way to build explosive fighting power, known as Jin.
In addition to fighting power, martial Qigong builds robust health and longevity. By focusing on the spine and torso, Shaolin White Crane develops and maintains a strong, supple upper body. Flexibility and strength of the spine are notable results of this training.
It is commonly recognized that Shaolin White Crane is the root of Okinawan Karate, and has heavily influenced Japanese martial arts. From this book, a Karate practitioner will be able to trace this root back, and gain profound comprehension of empty-hand styles.
- Long time hidden secrets of White Crane revealed.
- A comprehensive analysis of Internal and External martial Qigong.
- Complete sets of White Crane Hard and Soft Qigong training.
- A thorough examination of martial power (Jin).
- Presents more than 60 White Crane Jin patterns.
- Learn mental and physical training for explosive fighting power.
- Over four hundred action photographs and illustrations.
Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming is a renowned author and teacher of Chinese martial arts and Qigong. Born in Taiwan, he has trained and taught Taijiquan, Qigong and Chinese martial arts for over thirty-five years. He is the author of over thirty books. Voted by Inside Kung Fu Magazine as one of the ten people who have “made the greatest impact on martial arts in the past 100 years.” Dr. Yang lives in Newton Massachusetts
This book complements the videotapes "White Crane Hard Qigong" and "White Crane Soft Qigong". - sold separately.
352 pages, 488 illustrations, 7"x10", ISBN:1-886969-35-3